As part of their Community Support Programme, Regen SW coordinate a Community Energy Group Network, which shares insights into the successes of leading community renewable energy projects, supports communities in dealing with the media and provides a conduit back to government on community energy policy issues. To help them do this, they are looking to recruit Community Energy Champions, who they hope will be able to work closely with them and who will be willing to act as local spokespeople for community energy.
What are they looking for?
They are looking to recruit confident champions who would be available to:
- Be interviewed by the local media on sustainable energy issues
- Provide quotes for press releases put out by Regen Community Support Programme
- Attend community meetings within a certain radius of your home and present information about your community groups’ activities, renewable energy technologies and the Regen Community Support Programme.
In return they will:
- Provide training and support to up-skill champions
- Provide free tickets to Renewable Energy Marketplace