8 October 2016 - 11:00am - 5:00pm
Redwing Gallery, 36 Market Jew St, Penzance, TR18 2HT
This is a full day (from 11am to 5pm) skill-share and Power Up! session designed to better equip you to navigate and influence your local planning and development system. The intended outcome of this session is that you will be able to better protect your local communities against unwanted development that will cause environmental and social degredation.
The day will include:
- An Introduction to the English Planning System
- The nuts and bolts of planning in Cornwall
- Planning applications: a development near you (sharing our stories, what to look for, evidence, process points)
- Writing a good local plan policy
- Looking forward: what can we do next?
This is not a day to miss for groups who are either engaged in some way or another with planning concerns or who would like to be!
The day will be hosted and facilitated by Naomi Luhde-Thompson, Friends of the Earth's planning specialist.
Please bring a lunch to share!